When it comes to an efficient supply chain, getting products to their destination safely and securely is paramount. One of the ways to ensure your products arrive unharmed is to choose the strap that properly secures your load for transport. Pallet strapping is an efficient way to secure your loads and maximize your profits at the same time.
Primary Benefits of Pallet Strapping
Below are just a few of the reasons why you should invest in pallet strapping for shipping large loads of any kind.
- Save Space – When you are looking to ship items, space is always at a premium. You want to be able to load as much product as possible to minimize shipping costs. Pallet strapping materials help you to create a smaller footprint that will in turn allow you to cost effectively transport more materials and save warehouse space as well.
- Protect Your Products – Protecting your products is incredibly important to the overall success of your company. With pallet strapping you will be able to protect your products during shipping as well as when they are stored in your warehouse. Pallet straps do a great job of preventing items from shifting or becoming damaged during storage or transport.
- Protect Your Employees – If your products are not properly secured, there is a possibility that one of your products could become dislodged and injure one of your employees either on the production floor or while your items are being transported to their destination. Use pallet strapping to minimize workplace injuries and promote safety throughout your entire company.
Most Common Types of Pallet Strapping
There are primarily three types of pallet strapping materials most often used for shipping. Below are brief descriptions of each pallet strapping material option to help you choose what may work best for your application.
- Polyester Strapping – This type of strapping is good for loads that may be apt to shift during transport. Polyester strapping does require a tensioner to pull the load tight before transit, and a sealer to crimp a seal around the strapping material.
- Polypropylene Strapping – This type of strapping is often used for light to medium sized loads. Polypropylene strapping offers a high level of elongation and can be secured by hand or with a tensioner for loads that need to be more tightly secured.
- Steel Strapping – This type of strapping is the oldest option available and one of the most expensive. It is a good choice for heavy duty applications but it does require a special tensioner and sealer as well.
Unsure of Which Pallet Strapping Material to Choose?
If you are not sure which pallet strapping material is best for your application, don’t hesitate to reach out to our team of exports at Strapping-Products.com today. We will talk with you about your needs and come up with several options for you to choose from. Give us a call today at 888-803-8140 to learn more about our wide array of strapping products.